- Florida A&M University, major in Broadcast Journalism
- WKAG-TV, Hopkinsville, KY (Reporter 2001)
- WNBC-TV, New York, NY (Field Producer 1999)
- WTVJ-TV, Miami, FL (Associate Producer 1999)
- City of Miami, Department of Communications (1996)
I am a member the National Association of Black Journalists. I am also an active member of the Knoxville Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. DST is an international service organization. I am active in the community volunteering with a wide range of local organizations.
Hobbies: Anything dealing with the arts. I love painting, drawing and sculpting. I attended the New World School of the Arts in Miami. I also love to cook (just kidding). I love to find new and interesting places to eat. And I do a mean Karaoke.
I love the journey of having a small idea or tip and developing it into something that may make someone think. With local news you are able to produce stories people can relate to, because it's in their backyard. The stories that change lives aren't always the "death and destruction" pieces but the ones that are unique to the community in which you live in.
- 2002 Point of Pride Award from the Clarksville/Montgomery County School System for Excellence in Education Reporting.