- Arkansas State University
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- KHTV-TV, Houston, Texas (Weeknight Anchor)
- KMOL-TV, San Antonio, Texas (Weeknight Anchor)
- KATV - TV, Little Rock, Ark. (General Assignments Reporter)
- Husband, who works at HGTV and freelances as a photographer for ESPN and Jefferson Pilot Sports.
- Two daughters
Other than our children and their activities, we enjoy traveling to faraway places, but also enjoy weekend getaways to a chalet in Pigeon Forge. I spend any spare time reading, working out, and doing volunteer work. I am past President of the local American Cancer Society, and am a member of Executive Women's Association.
The sense of belonging to the community. I enjoy being a "messenger" of important information to the lives of East Tennesseans. For the 20 years I've been in television news, I've never considered doing anything but local news. It's like being part of a family. Since health issues affect everyone, my special reports on breakthrough medical treatments and fitness are something I spend a lot of time on and enjoy.
- Russell Cecil Award for series of reports on arthritis.
- 2002 Media Award from the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, Knoxville.
- 2002 Phi Delta Kappa Person of the Year Award for being a "friend of education."
- 2003 Joy Dirksen Baker award for work in educating the public about cancer.
- Graduate of Leadership Knoxville, class of 1998