- Bachelor’s of Art degree in Mass Communications from Carson-Newman College
- Master’s of Art degree in International Journalism from the University of Westminster in London, UK
10 years experience as a news reporter and anchor:
- Hazard, Kentucky (WYMT)
- Cincinnati, Ohio (WKRC)
- Eugene, Oregon (KVAL)
- I've covered international freelance assignments such as NATO training in Denmark and local economics in Venice, Italy.
I am married to a British citizen who's moving over from London. I have a cat named Violet.
I'm a published writer in Arrivals & Departures Magazine, as well as Avantoure Magazine. I sell vintage clothing in my online boutique, Black Violet Vintage, love gardening and have traveled to a dozen countries including South Africa, France, Portugal, and Italy.
6 News is an exciting team to be a part of because we truly care about our viewers. We push to uncover important stories that are relevant to our audience.
- AP Award, 2000, Feature
- SPJ Award, 2009, Investigative Report
- University of Westminster Graduate Student Ambassador, 2007